Wednesday 14 January 2009

Shaun White Snowboarding Road Trip Review


One of the main reasons I bought this particular game was because I wanted to to use my balance board for something else apart from just using it for Wii Fit (which is great by the way). My main hope was that Shaun White Snowboarding would give me as much fun as SSX Tricky did, which I played on my gamecube.

To be honest it has lived up to expectations. This game seems to be a cross between SSX Tricky and similar arcade games that involve using a board to get yourself down some snowy slopes. It took a few tries to get used to the controls, and to do the special moves. But once you have got that nailed, this game is a lot of fun and pretty addictive. Also the controls will probably add to the fun.

For the time being I have avoided using the Wii Remote and the Nunchuch for the game, the only reason for this is because I got this game specifically to use for the balance board. However I'm sure I will try the controls at some point. If you are a serious gamer you will probably want to use the controls, but the balancing board on its own will keep me going for a bit. There does seem to be quite a lot to do, I had been on it for several hours and only managed to complete around 9%.

The only downside for me was the menu, which is constantly sending emails between the different characters (thats inside the game, not spam on your computer). Apart from that this gives a fairly realistic impression, considering that you are snowboarding in your house. If you thought that the Wii Fit snowboard game was good (the one you got with your Wii), then this will blow your sox off. Definitely worth getting






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.